Beetroot, Carrot and Apple Salad
What do you eat to cheer yourself up when it’s cold? Much as December can be a month of extravagance, it’s also root vegetable season, so for a penny-pinching nutritious treat, I’ve given coleslaw a temporal shift. Raid the bottom of the fridge and fruit bowl for this winter salad.
- 1 large eating apple
- 1 large carrot
- 2 cooked beetroot
- 1 small onion
- 5 desert spoons natural yogurt
- 1/2 desert spoon smoked paprika
- Grate the fruit and vegetables. Using a blender will speed this up, but it didn’t take long by hand with a sleeping toddler in the sling.
- Use kitchen roll to mop up any surplus liquid.
- Add the yogurt and smoked paprika and mix well.