Cheesy Baked Chicken Chunks
Cheesy baked chicken is an easy way to cook moist, flavoursome chicken.
I love poached chicken, don’t you? Falling apart tender in only 20 minutes, just thicken up the poaching liquid with some cornflour paste and you’re done.
What, no cornflour?
This dish was devised in a hurry, with a cranky 2 year old round my feet, when I realised that one crucial ingredient was missing, and it turned out so well I’m sure we’ll be doing it again. The vegetables kept the chicken moist, and the time it spent in the oven gave me a chance to give my son some quality time. And who can resist melted cheese?
If you’re really not fond of leg meat it may well work with breast meat. Just make sure the chunks aren’t too thick, and check it’s cooked all the way through before you eat it.
We served it with rice and vegetables – there were plenty of flavour and juices to go round. I’m sure it would be just as good with chips.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 leek
- 2 handfuls frozen sweetcorn
- 15oz/430g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp garlic pwoder
- 4oz/100g extra mature cheddar
- Heat the oven to gas mark 7.
- Slice the leek, and place it in the bottom of an ovenproof dish with the sweetcorn.
- Chop the chicken up into chunks or strips 1 or 2 cm wide and spread these evenly on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle the garlic powder over the top.
- Place the dish in the oven. Turn the chicken over after around 15 minutes, being careful it stays on top of the vegetables.
- After 25 minutes, grate the cheese evenly on top and replace the dish in the oven until it is melted.