Weekend Wraps No.2 – Barbecue Chicken Wraps
This barbecue chicken wrap is perfect for holidays, beach days, country walks – or just any old fun lunch days. Tip – if you wrap it in clingfilm with a folded down flap at the top you can eat it with less-than-clean hands.
The weekend is our time to play – time off to enjoy our family, get out and about and have some fun – especially in the summer when the weather is good. Toddlers, like dogs, need regular walking, so we waste no opportunities to get out. This last, rather grey weekend, we headed to Conisbrough Castle.
If, like us, you’re on a fairly tight budget for said fun, you may be taking a packed lunch. I love being prepared and not needing to buy food, taking unnecessary time out of our day exploring. However, I don’t like being tied to a picnic bench, and taking the same old sandwiches I take to work.
For years now, our solution has been to take wraps. They’re tasty and easy to eat on the go. I previously blogged about Mexican Bean Wraps – this variation on the same theme is just as tasty and easy to make. It would be just as tasty with kidney beans or tofu in place of the chicken. I’ve used packaged chicken chunks, but if you have leftover cooked chicken all the better. Be wary if you use spicy chicken, as some BBQ sauce is spicy. I use the big, soft wraps from the bakery section, but any tortilla will do.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cucumber (2 quartered sices per weap)
- 8 medium bakery type wraps
- 1 mug frozen sweetcorn, or 1 large can of sweetcorn
- 200g cooked peri peri chicken chunks
- Squeezy BBQ sauce
- If you are using frozen sweetcorn defrost it in a little hot water in a mug or bowl. Place on kitchen roll to drain.
- Cut the cucumber into quarter slices.
- Use a spoon to spread a dollop of BBQ sauce onto 1/6 of the wrap.
- Sprinkle with a generous pinch of sweetcorn and 8 cucumber pieces.
- Add a couple of chunks of chicken.
- Fold the empty half of the wrap over, then turn in the sides.
- Pack, and enjoy!